Finnish – Native
English - Fluent
MSc Aero, BBA
Senior Associate Partner
+1 954 994 7970
Based in Florida and Tallinn, Estonia, Tero leads our offerings in executive leadership support, strategy, commercial, network and fleet planning and restructuring. He focuses on developing and executing bottom-line improvements with particular experience in strategic planning, commercial restructuring, crisis management, and organisational redesign. He has extensive senior management experience worldwide with top tier airlines. As a consultant, he has advised clients worldwide.
Prior joining Aviado Partners, Tero was the President and CEO of Estonian Air. Prior to this, he was Chief Commercial Officer / Deputy CEO for airBaltic and Chief Strategy Officer for Gulf Air. He also established and Chaired the BalticMiles coalition loyalty program, which is currently ranked as one of the TOP airline loyalty programs in the world.
Prior to C-level roles, Tero has worked as head of Corporate Development for Qatar Airways and Finnair and consulted airlines, airports worldwide on commercial, operational and strategic issues under Lufthansa Consulting. In addition to aviation experience, Tero has acted as a consultant on Business Intelligence issues and Commercial matters for large companies as Nokia, Ericsson and Verizon and several start ups in Mobile technology.
• Turnaround planning and management
• Commercial and operational restructuring
• Optimising Customer Value Chain
• Network and Revenue Management
• Sales and Marketing Planning
• Fleet planning / replacement
• Strategic planning and alliances
• Cost reduction programmes
• Efficient group structures and governance
• Mergers and Acquisitions road-mapping
• Organisation design and staff reductions
• Innovation Management
• Commercial restructuring, Strategic advisory and Fleet Planning for Qantas International, Qantas Domestic, Jetstar Australia and Qantas Group (Asia Pacific)
• Global Sales Organization restructuring, Etihad Aviation Group (Middle East)
• Commercial restructuring of Air Malta (Southern Europe)
• Strategic advisory and Network Restructuring for European Flag carrier
• Partnership management and Optimisation for Finnair (Northern Europe)
• Global commercial workshops in sales, network planning, frequent flier and partnerships for China Southern Airlines (China)
• Strategic Advisory and Commercial Airline Support for Major Airports in Asia Pacific
• Network and Strategic advisory for very large Low Cost Airline in United States
• Network and Strategic advisory for very large Charter Airline in Canada
• Developing a location based loyalty program for mobile app company in Europe
• Restructuring and Strategy Development for Eastern European Airline
• Management of several innovation projects for Middle Eastern Carrier on future technology (mobile, alternative fuel) aiming to optimise the cost savings and the customer experience.
• Developing Innovation Management program for two aviation oriented Universities